Sunday 20 September 2015

How I Used Holy Bible To Defeat Ifa Divination - Oba Solomon Reveals


Oba Solomon Ilesanmi Ajibade is the Owa Odo Ayedun in Ikole Local Government Area of Ekiti State. In this interview with Daily independent, the monarch revealed how he used the Holy Bible to defeat Ifa divination during the Obaship tussle to emerge the 17th King of the community.


He also outlined the gains of the annual Odo Ayedun Day celebrations. Excerpts

What actually worked in your favour?

I thanked God for the life of my wife she is a prayer warrior. If not for her intervention, we would have missed the date. She was the one who insisted that we must come home on January 27 to prepare for the hosting of my friends and peer groups in the community.

Meanwhile, at the Ado-Ekiti meeting the Ministry officials told each contestant to come with his own Ifa- Priest so as to ascertain the authenticity of the verdict of the oracle. But there I stood up and told them that I have never in my life consulted the oracle and that I was not planning to do so. I told them, the only weapon I have is my Bible and I belief strongly that it is superior to any Ifa or Oracle. I was trained as a Pastor and God has been so wonderful in my life.

So, on the D-day, the process was to commence by 10am but I got here around 9.30am, because I don’t belief in African time. So, when I got arrived the venue, I didn’t see the sign. Something like that would take place, the doors were not open. Somebody later surfaced about 20 minutes later to open the doors. The officials came around 11am and they apologise for coming late.

How many contestants vied for the stool?

Five contestants came from our own ruling house and one from another. And all of them came with their own Ifa priest but I held my Bible. As they commenced the Ifa procedures I was praying within me that God let your will be done in this matter. There were about nine Ifa priest in attendance. The state and local government officials also came with their own Ifa-priests. But one of them was leading. I sat at the back and watched how Ifa thing is being done.

No comments: