Friday 25 December 2015

Omg! 19-year-old Vulcaniser Kills Friend With Just One 'Blow' How? (READ)

Fatai Sabitu

A man has punched his friend to death in a most inexplicable manner over something many would consider trivial and mundane. 

A 19-year-old vulcanize identified as Fatai Sabitu, has alleged killed his friend, Yusuf Sheu over a stolen phone, Punch Metro reports.

The suspect told policemen he acted in self defense and that he only gave the deceased only one punch. He further explained that he didn't mean to kill his friend. Sabitu, who hails from Abeokuta, Ogun State, said that after the 38-year-old slumped, he rushed him to two different hospitals in an effort to save his friend's life before he died.

Sabitu and Sheu, who both lived on Raji Fashola Road, in the Imude-Shibiri area of Ojo, Otto Awori Local Council Development Area, had fought over a stolen phone. Trouble started when Sheu, a Kwara State indigene, bought a phone from the suspect, which was later discovered to have been stolen. However, when the real owner of the stolen phone collected it back from Sheu, he went to Sabitu to demand a refund of his money.

That was when hell was let loose as Sabitu refused resulting in a violent fight. The deceased was said to have slumped during the fight and was confirmed dead in a hospital. The matter was reported at the Ilemba Hausa Police Division, and the suspect was arrested.

It was learnt that while Sheu’s remains were deposited in a mortuary, the matter was transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba. The suspect was said to have confessed to police detectives that he killed the victim, adding that he acted in self-defence.

However, Sabitu's account of the story had a twist as he claimed that Sheu was the one who stole the phone, adding that after the owner found it and collected it back, the deceased attacked him. He said the deceased believed that he was the one who exposed him.

He said, “We have known each other for about three years now. I am a vulcaniser, and he worked in a hotel. We lived within the same community. He used to drink a lot and he introduced me to a lot of bad things, like the tattoo in my arm.


“He had stolen a woman’s phone and I saw him when he took it, but I didn’t say anything. He went and used the phone to borrow money from one of his friends in the area.


“The owner of the phone, who had been looking for it, later saw it in the man’s hand and picked a fight. The man then explained how he came about the phone.


“The owner of the phone took it back, and Sheu was ordered to return the money he borrowed from the man.


“He was angry and thought I was the one that exposed him. He came to meet me where I was and started punching me; I had to fight back. I only gave him a punch before he slumped to the ground.”


“My life is ruined because I made him my friend. It was just a blow that I gave him,” he added. 

The matter is still under police investigation.

No comments: