Tuesday 8 March 2016

Revealed: Teacher Who Beheaded 10-year-old Pupil Reveals Why he Killed the Girl (Photo)

Edet Umoren arrested by the police after the murder

A teacher who brutally hacked off a 10-year-old girl's head has finally given main reason why he killed the girl. 

Edet Umoren, a private school teacher who brutally beheaded a 10-year-old pupil, Precious Adedeji, last Thursday in Esugbo, Itamerin, near Ijebu-Ife, in the Ijebu East Local Government Area of Ogun State, has revealed why he killed the little girl.

The little girl, Adedeji, a pupil of Favour Nursery and Primary School, who was the granddaughter of the proprietor, Pastor Joseph Olutoye died after the teacher abducted her when she was with a friend. She was killed by the assailant a day after her 10th birthday. 

Parading Umoren on Monday at the headquarters of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Magbon, Abeokuta, along with six suspected kidnappers and a suspected Boko Haram member by the state Commissioner of Police, Abdulmajid Ali.

Umoren who is 52-years and a native of Akwa Ibom State said he committed the crime because Adedeji and the head teacher made him angry by some uncomplimentary remarks they made.

Umoren said: “That morning, I held a cutlass which I used to cut canes in the bush to discipline pupils. The girl (Adedeji) and the head teacher saw me and made some remarks which provoked me; then I used the cutlass to behead her.

“I never knew what came over me; it was when I had carried out the act that I regained my senses. I regret my action.”

He also said he was owed four years salary arrears, adding that his salary was N7,000 per month and not N4,000.

Umoren who ran away was arrested at Itamagiri in Ijebu Imusin after he committed the crime.

No comments: